Summer is a great chance to update your home interior decor ideas, more particularly to your sleeping space. One of the coolest ideas is having a beach bedroom theme to welcome that pleasant season. You may apply some beachy or coastal colors as well as other natural or even tropical touches to your bedroom.
The most common nautical or coastal spirits a beach-themed bedroom needs to have are casual feel, many breezy coast colors, furnishings in timeworn finishes, overall peaceful vibe, and beach-themed motifs (such as waves, ocean life, playful sea sports, beachfront fun, and more).
Coastal bedroom can be a perfect space for a quiet sleep.
Beach-Inspired Color Splashes
Here are some palettes that can be mixed and matched as the wall paints, undertones for furnishings, flooring, and many more.
- Blue-Gray – Colors for an easy-going beach atmosphere. They go well with darker wood, natural seaweed or classic black and white.
- Warm Gray – The color of beach pebbles or driftwood, more complex than white or cream, yet more neutral and long-lasting.
- Pearly-White – The sparkling white of a pearl in an oyster shell.
- Seaside Blue – The pale blue color.
- Ocean Blue – The vibrant colors of sky and ocean wave.
- Aquamarine – The color between blue and spring green in a light bluish tint.
- Sea Glass Green – A mid-tone, soft, crisp clover green and Kelly green shade, as well as blue. Go beyond, or too bright, you’ll get turquoise or mint. You can combine it with off-white trim.
Why use only one sea shade? You can create stripe on the wall using the combination of white with blue shades. Then, choose a white bedding with blue accent to match.
Seaside blue wall paired with aquamarine bedding create a refreshing atmosphere.
Style the bed and add hints of ocean colors with patterned bedding.
For an elegant look, pair dark blue with white. Then, brighten up with orange accent.
Beach-Themed Decors and Furnishing
Deck your beach bedroom theme with one or more combinations of the ideas below.
- Timeworn wood
You may have furniture (bed or cabinet) or decorative accent made of wood in the weather-beaten finish.
- Natural elements
Bring in nature in the forms of wood, bamboo, rattan or seagrass. Similarly, apply them to furniture, flooring, wall accents, and so on.
- Sealife motifs
Sealife artworks, shell mirrors, sea life motifs printed on the bed linens, are some of the examples.
Take the lure of the sandy beach vibes as your dream beach bedroom theme colors and decors.
Wooden whale cutout is a great rustic wall decor for a beach-themed bedroom.
Don’t let the wall look plain and empty. Apply herringbone shuffle wall stencil, and decorate with rustic frame.
It’s always great to keep one or two vintage treasured furniture in the bedroom.
To enhance the style and theme, decorate the room with beach crafts.